The professionals at Reger Family Dental offer many exceptional procedures that can restore your smile and make a huge difference in your oral health! In just a few easy office visits, we would love to help you choose the treatment that works best for you, and then create a budget to make sure you can afford your treatment. This article can assist you in discovering more about dental implants and how they can transform your smile, build your confidence, improve your health, and help you regain the function of your teeth.
If our patients are self-conscious about their smiles, their lack of confidence can impact all aspects of their lives. Looking at it from this unique perspective, how can patients afford not to make a change in their smile for the better? Here are some additional reasons why you should fix your less-than-perfect smile with dental implants:
1) Improve the appearance of your teeth. Missing or damaged teeth are unattractive and embarrassing. Filling in these spaces with natural-looking dental implants can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth and get you back to making amazing first impressions.
2) Increase your self-esteem. Patients with damaged teeth usually have lowered self-esteem and often avoid social situations. Conversely, having nice teeth means patients can smile once again with confidence.
3) Eat what you want when you want. If you have missing teeth, eating some of your favorite foods can be challenging. This can also mean an increased probability of dietary problems since food cannot be chewed properly. However, replacing missing teeth can get you back to eating a variety of foods that missing teeth may have previously prevented.
4) Keep your teeth healthy and in their proper place. When teeth are missing, the teeth around the damaged tooth can gradually shift into the open spaces remaining. This can result in poor tooth alignment, poor oral health, loose teeth, and possible further tooth loss.
5) Look years younger. Missing teeth can give patients a sunken facial appearance and premature wrinkles around the mouth. This can age the face and make patients look and feel much older than they really are. By filling in these gaps between teeth, patients often find that they look and feel years younger.
6) Improve your oral health. Gaps between teeth can cause food, plaque, and dangerous bacteria to increase in your mouth. Filling these spaces means less accumulation of these substances and improved oral health.
7) Keep your oral hygiene routine simple. Options like dentures and dental bridges need extra cleaning and special products to prevent odors. Dental implants are just like natural teeth and can usually be kept clean with normal brushing and flossing. Patients should be sure to see their dentist regularly for cleaning and inspection of the implant site.
8) Reduce overall health risks. Studies have linked poor oral health to a number of serious diseases like Alzheimer’s, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, low birth weight, and many other problems. It only stands to reason that repairing your smile can improve your overall health and prevent many of these problems.
9) Restore your tooth function. Missing teeth can make it hard for you to chew or speak properly. Filling in these spaces can allow you to eat and speak more efficiently.
10) Take advantage of the longest lasting tooth replacement option. Other options like dentures and dental bridges need to be replaced every 5 to 10 years. Alternatively, dental implants can last many decades if cared for properly.
11) Stop jawbone deterioration. When patients are missing teeth, they often have problems chewing. This can lead to muscle atrophy in the jaw and eventual jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement procedure that can help stop the process of deterioration and restore normal volume to your jawbone.
If you live in the San Antonio, TX area and want to know more information about Dr. Reger, dental implants, or your payment options, please feel free to check out the rest of our specially designed infosite. Alternatively, you can call and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff members for more information. Now is a great time to improve your smile with dental implants from Reger Family Dental!